Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Launch approaches!

Posted 18 October 2015 - 05:46 AM

Alethia

Advanced Member

• Guild Leader
  • 734 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Heart of Thorns is nearly here!  This time next week we might be in our shiny new guild hall.

Of course, a lot of things need to be checked out and we have to navigate guild mission reset and hope that allows us to earn our way into our expedition.

Current penciled in plan is to run guild missions at the usual time it 6pm Pacific on Saturday of launch week. If we have the prerequisites sorted it may be possible to run out first expedition on Sunday at 4pm Pacific, which usually suits a lot of our guild for one off events.  This isn't set in stone, so feedback is welcome.  I know it will clash with WvW reset with these plans, but unless someone can move the international date line we'll just have to cope a while or miss the best opportunities to get together as a guild.

Once we have an idea of what the new permissions for the guild are and how the new things, work we can revisit what everyone has permissions to do.  Your feedback on guild hall choice, funding upgrades and other things in our quiz the guild is appreciated so choices can be made before the release.

Personally, launch time is perfect play hours for me, so I should be hanging out on Discord if anyone else stays up for the release. Some of us have been discussing options for Halloween vs HoT as one is limited time content, so a lot of us may dabble enough to get started, but plan on concentrating on the temp stuff. Something to consider for your own priorities. Please remember with new content to be excited but resist spoilers! We won't all get to see things right away so think before you type, speak or share spoiler laden screenshots please.

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:24 AM

Alethia

Advanced Member

• Guild Leader
  • 734 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
Guild missions have already been rolled by Anet for the week and we have been told WvW and sPvP will be in our missions.
Because of the new WvW weekly reset time and our planned mission time potentially crashing into us being stuck in queues, we may try and get then done asap so we have a chance at guild hall claiming and get individual credit for the week where possible. There may not be individual credit depending on how it is handled. Some things are a little hazy.

We have some guild buffs building again as whatever is running at launch will continue for its duration. The plan is to start them up in the hour or so before launch assuming all goes well with connections and time.

We'll try and keep everyone informed. Fastest details will be through guild chat and discord with posts coming here a little slower.

I hope everyone else is getting excited for launch!

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:04 AM

Xafron

Advanced Member

• Knight Warden
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Main Character:Avitus Shadowclaw
  • Location...Tyria?

I have no idea what time the game launches exactly, anyone know?  Pacific time.

I will probably play it a bunch that day, as I have the 23rd off.

vkkmOTL.jpg

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:15 PM

Alethia

Advanced Member

• Guild Leader
  • 734 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

1 minute after midnight, so just under 12 hours.

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:04 PM

Xafron

Advanced Member

• Knight Warden
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Main Character:Avitus Shadowclaw
  • Location...Tyria?

I guess I will be playing some tonight as well then.  I will probably be home from work around 11:30.

vkkmOTL.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users